Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ouch !

Two incidents in the past week which have never happened before ! Hopefully, will never be repeated !!

The Bloody @$%##@@!! Taxi Driver

So Harsh and I took a taxi to come back home on Sunday night, somewhere right about midnight.

We tell the taxi driver that we need to go to Balestier Road (where I live). Just before he turned into the corner, he glaced back at us through the rear view mirror and suggestively asked ' Hotel 81?'....

I was quick to nod and say close to it yes - and named my turn....when the true nature of what he said sunk in ! Ewwwwwwwwww.......

Just to set the context - Hotel 81 are the touristy budget hotel which spring like mushrooms all over Singapore...which atleast dont look like the kind of place which rents by the hour !

And no, we were not snogging in the back seat....too tired from a busy day, we were almost dozing off...and yes, we were in our nightsuits (had just gone to wish Happy Burrday to a friend) !

So the suggestion of the darned taxi driver was soooo uncalled for...im still fuming....
AS i said earlier........Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !

Silly Old Me

As I walked outta my home to catch the bus last week, I realized that in all the flurry of mind numbing tasks - that has become my work, i had forgotten to recharge my Bus card. Ugh !

And ofcourse, because Singapore buses only accept coins in exact change as bus fare, today would be the day I would have no change in my purse. Double Ugh !

Needless to say, this would be the day that I overslept and am late for an important presentation. Triple Ugh !

I quicken my pace towards the bus stop, hoping the next bus would come in atleast 5-10 mins (my everyday usual waiting time) , which would allow me to ask for change from the shops behind the bus stop. When, I see my bus turning the corner already ! Fourth....well you get the point by now.....

I make a puppy face and ask the only lady on the bus stop, getting into 131..if she can gimme some change for $5 - she refuses. So does the bus driver. When im just about to get off, and take a cab...a guy hopped on. As a last ditch attempt, I ask him. He did not have enough change for $5, but offered to pay my fare ( 60c wonly thankfully !). Before I could react, the driver smiles, shuts the door and drives off. I reach office, after paying the right fare (thanks to the good samaritan) - but boy-oh-boy....tis been a longggg time since ive ever been more red-in-the-face and just prayed for my stop to come faster.

Borrowing money from a stranger - with a wallet full of dollars.... Such is life for silly ol' me !

----------------------------------------------- */