Saturday, August 11, 2007

Greetings

So I called up my new HR today for the first time ... had some queries about the VISA form.

The conversation began like this :

Me : "Hi. Can I talk to Ms. G"

Miss G : " Yes, that's me. "

Me : " Hi. This is Nitika here. "

Miss G : " Oh HI ! Finally you called. Its so good to hear your voice. High time you called. Tell me, how are you doing?"

Me : mouth agape...no words comin out !

Finally, after a few hours...[okie okie....seconds] of stunned silence....I repeated that its me Nitika and proceeded to ask my questions and politely ended the conversation a few minutes later. During all this while I was wondering what happened that Miss G reacted so enthusiastically to my call.

After being part of placecom for 2 years, you invariably get used to listening to HRs who either appear totally disinterested or glued onto every word to catch a possible slip... I have never heard anyone be so cordial and happy to answer queries.

There couldve been three reasons for her response,

1. She mistook me for a long lost friend of hers.... and later continued the conversation in the same tone, to avoid any embarrassment to any party

2. She remembered me from one or two conversation we [might have] had on campus, when i attended her call for another colleague

3. She actually expected my call and was genuinely happy to talk to me

Now, I would not know her enough to comment which one of these is most likely for her....from other experiences, I think most of us would know which is the most expected ;)

Either ways, after a long time someone left me lost for words ;)
Kudos, Miss G ! youve achieved the impossible

----------------------------------------------- */