Tuesday, April 03, 2007

In pursuit of ART !?

Hmm... So it seems almost cosmic... Any artistic adventure I wanna embark on... some twist leads me away from my pursuit, and lands me somewhere I least expect to be.

A coupla years ago, one sultry August afternoon tryst to the National Art Gallery in Delhi, resulted in me standing in front of a locked gate saying 'monday closed' and subsequently watching the colorized version of "Mughal e Azam" a piece of art in itself.

I was so exited to be visiting an art gallery for the first time, it was literally jumping with anticipation (come to think of it, anything which catches my fancy causes me to react in the same fashion, quite unladylike... tch tch). But then, I got over it quickly and thoroughly enjoyed watching the spectacular movie on the big screen.

Then, last week, the art bug bit again, when I decided to cruise the play scene in Delhi with a friend. We decided to go to NSD (National School of Drama, for the unitiated) and watch the students showcase 'Taj Mahal'. All excited (no thanks to disgusting cold coffee served by CP Barista once again - why dont I learn !!) we reached the hall, only to be turned away as the screening got postponed to the next week. Not to give up, MS and I, walked up and down the tree-lined spacious Delhi roads to look for other plays/recitels to watch, but at 7:30 in the evening, we were more than fashionably late for all of them.

Finally we ventured into Lalit Kala Academy, to visit the art gallery featuring quite a few artists - almost all of em Bengali, not one whose name i remember :D. We roamed around in the five galleries, loving some paintings( oooh ! Preettyy ... I cooed quite often) while not quite understanding what's so special about the others...

Though, i dont think we emerged any wiser on the art of Art Appreciation (is that what its called) it was overall still quite an interesting experience. The best of which was actually, roaming around the streets of Lutyen's Delhi in the lovely March evening breeze, with a friend - talking about some stuff which matter, some which doesnt.

----------------------------------------------- */